Friday, August 7, 2026

Tombstone Mountain Park Day 2 - Goldensides Trail

Mark, Leo and I hiked up the Goldensides Trail.  There's a road to a microwave tower
 


And then it turns into a single track trail leading up to a ridge.



There's panoramic views of mountains all around.

Looking downstream at ice along the North Klondike River.

I was going to wait for the others to climb to the top at this point but the mosquitos were so bad I just kept going.  Eventually they came back before reaching the end of the trail.


The bear was right by the rock spire in the background

Mark had seen a bear. It ran off but they figured it was better to head back down.



There were lots of flowers blooming but my camera takes lousy pictures.

Bistort

Birds of the Day were white-crowned and American tree sparrows pretty much everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment